HIDDEN RETREAT

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Cheesecake.....

I dont like New York style cheesecake, never have. But my husband brought home a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake this afternoon and I scarfed a whole slice and didnt even think about it. It was fabulous! Have I been missing this for years or is it a new thing? Our local mall is getting a Cheesecake Factory in January and now I'm looking forward to that being something on the menu. It went down really well with my Diet Lime Pepsi. Trunk-or-Treat is over and done. I made two giants pots of broccoli cheese soup. In one I added bacon and the other one I added shredded chicken. Everyone devoured them so that was nice. LAst year I made a crockpot of bean soup for Teacher Appreciation week luncheon and no one ate any. That was a slap in the face as I am a VERY good cook. Some people just cant appreciate legumes and lentils I guess. This year I'll crockpot a roast and not worry about my donation being ignored. I have a roast thawing for Sunday dinner. I put one in the crockpot at 6am and sprinkle two packages of dry onion soup mix and 3 cups water over it and let it cook on low for 12 hours. They shred nicely!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger T said…

    I appreciate legumes and lentils... but without the meat! I also appreciate cheesecake... I had cheesecake with mango puree for my birthday at an Indian restaurant. Yum, yum!!!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger T said…

    PS Why trunk instead of trick?

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger EYOWYN said…

    T- trunk or treat is where we all gather at the church and have dinner then all the cars open their trunks and the kids walk from car to car trick or treating. That way you know all the candy is safe and its a chance to visit with friends.
    Mango sounds really good right now! Moxie Java makes a delightful mango smoothie......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home