HIDDEN RETREAT

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mothers remorse-worse than shoppers remorse

I am such a jerk to my kids. I yell WAY too often and show such little patience at times. In my defense, I am exhausted. Its month end/statement day and I was up practically all night. We had company for dinner yesterday and I didnt wash the dishes last night. After they left the trick-or-treaters hit and then I was doing invoices. So all night my stupid cat was jumping from the table to the kitchen counter and trying to lick BBQ off the plates and find chicken bones to gnaw on. And with every dish that clanked the stupid dog leaped off the foot of the bed to check out the noise. Finally, at 3:30am, I'd had enough. I kicked the dog outside and stomped over to the sink. I grabbed my bottle of apple blossom Dawn detergent and DOUSED the entire stack of dirty dishes. I emptied that sucker. Threw down the bottle and looked at Max and said, "Lick away......." and hit the bathroom. Course by then the dog was whining to get in and my nose started to tickle and I was wide awake. I popped an allergy pill and played Mah Jong for 30 minutes and crawled into bed. Wasnt enjoyable though as 7am hit far sooner than I wanted and had to climb back out. Work sucked. Lets leave it at that. Tomorrow is a PTO meeting and I need to make cookies but I 'll wait until the last minute. So few parents even bother to attend that its sometimes not worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home