HIDDEN RETREAT

Friday, November 03, 2006

Lots to do..........get going.............

As I predicted, three parents showed up for the PTO meeting. But 8 teachers came and thats a record. I really dont mind when parents dont show because then we get to spend the money how we think it should be spent. Last month we had a frozen cookie dough fundraiser and our school sold over $30,000 worth of frozen dough. The school gets 45% so its about $14,000 in profit. We sent out flyers telling parents to come to the meeting and give ideas on what we should use it for and thats who came to the meeting. I always vote for more library books and last year we gave about$9000 to the library. And library books are VERY EXPENSIVE so its not really alot of money. This year I think the library should get two digital cameras and more books! Anyway, after the meeting everyone was chatting and eating the Snickerdoodles I made when Ginger asked, "Cindy, you're still okay to bring a chocolate sheet cake for tomorrow night, right?". Seems my dear husband had forgot to tell me he had volunteered my baking skills for the Daddy-Daughter fun night at the church. So I need to run to Macys today and get one of those nice, high lipped cookie sheets. Hubby said he would just stop at Costco and buy a sheet cake but it costs as much as the pan so I want the pan!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger T said…

    Sounds like you're very busy baking! I want some snickerdoodles!!

    It's so lame that more parents don't show up for the PTO meetings...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home